Women Energize Women #womenenergize is a communication initiative of the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) and is implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ GmbH) and the German Renewable Energy Federation (BEE) within the scope of BMWi’s global project Bilateral Energy Partnerships and Dialogues. The BEE bears editorial responsibility for all contributions. The aim of Women Energize Women is to inform, mobilise, inspire and connect women around the world who are working to advance the Energiewende.
The virtual event “The Gender-Energy Nexus – Why gender equality is necessary for the energy transition” marks the launch of the “Women Energize Women” campaign. Through virtual events and social media communications, we promote a shift to a stronger representation of women in the renewable energy sector. The launch event takes place on
22 November 2021 04:00 PM–06:00 PM CET via MS Teams
The event will be held as a virtual high-level discussion round with the opportunity for Q&A at the end.
- Geraldine de Bastion, CEO & founder Konnektiv Kollektiv
Our speakers are:
- Tracey Crowe, Chief of Staff and Senior Director, SEforAll
- Ellen von Zitzewitz, Deputy Director of the International Energy Cooperation department of the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy
- Rana Adib, Executive Director REN21
- Christine Lins, Executive Director, Global Women’s Network for the Energy Transition (GWNET)
- Linda Davis, CEO Giraffe Bioenergy
To learn more about this first event of the campaign, please have look at our agenda.
Please follow the attached registration form, which will be available until 22 November 2021, 12 noon CET.