Forward-thinking women understand that climate change is an urgent challenge, a generational responsibility … AND a professional opportunity. The good news is that we women in technology are the world’s best bet in the fight for a clean, healthy, and sustainable planet.
And we have the tools to do it: Digital Transformation (DX) helps organizations do a better job of both delivering their traditional value propositions and creating new ones – especially those focused on sustainability. Accenture finds that by using public cloud services, enterprises could cut their IT-related greenhouse gas emissions by some 6%, the equivalent of taking 22 million cars off the road.
At the crux of achieving sustainability through DX are exciting new technologies like artificial intelligence, blockchain, cloud computing, and the Internet of Things. This will create both technical and non-technical career opportunities, and WITI is here to help you explore them.
Accelerating Digital Transformation for the Environment
This provoking curtain-raiser video on the role of digital technology in accelerating environmental sustainability was produced by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP).
Want to learn more? Don’t miss UNEP’s Pooja Munshi speaking at the WITI Summit on Wednesday, June 22.
Keynote Speakers Include:
- Rachel Kyte (Professor/Practice of Sustainable Development and Dean of the Fletcher School, Tufts University)
- Pooja Munshi (Head of Web, Communications Division & Digital Transofrmation Task Force, United Nations Envoronment Programme)
- Arame Tall, Ph.D. (Senior Climate Change Adaptation & Resilience Specialist, The World Bank)
- Eliane Ubalijoro, Ph.D. (Executive Director, Sustainability in the Digital Age)
- Reyn Anderson (Co-Founder, Women in Digital Transformation)
- Lisa Dyson, Ph.D. (Founder & CEO, Air Protein)
- Kate Gromova (Co-Founder, Women in Digital Transformation)
- Guy Kawasaki (Chief Evangelist, Canva)
How do we be part of the battle to preserve our planet through Digital Transformation?
Come be part of the solution.
Use or develop your skills to help save the world.
Learn how you can make a difference!
WITI’s 2022 Virtual Summit will feature:
- Keynotes showcasing women worldwide who are tackling climate change and accelerating sustainability.
- Tech sessions on AI/ML, Agile/DevOps, Blockchain, Cloud, Cybersecurity, DX Leadership, Robotics, and more.
- Panels and workshops on leadership and mentoring.
- Global networking sessions so you can connect and share with other professional women around the world.
- Back by popular demand: WITI’s coaching circles, pairing speakers with small groups to discuss professional development topics to further your career – including creativity, teamwork, and problem-solving.