About this event
On 7th June 2022, POWERful Women will host a hybrid event for an audience of energy professionals where we will publish our Annual ‘State of the Nation’ on gender diversity at the top of the UK energy industry. You’re invited to join us at this key event in the POWERful Women calendar to find out:
- How diverse are the boards of UK energy companies in 2022?
- How much progress have we made in the past year on the representation of women at the top table and in the executive pipeline?
- What good practice is already making a difference in the best-performing companies?
- What more can be done by government, regulators and companies to really drive change across the sector?
All these questions and more will be addressed at the launch of our 2022 statistics. In partnership with PwC, updated data is currently being gathered on the number of women on boards, in executive director roles and in the pipeline to these leadership positions in the top companies in the UK energy sector, focussing on the top 80 UK energy employers.
Our annual State of the Nation is a crucial part of our campaigning and reporting work to provide transparency on data and to support companies in setting clear expectations on progress.
The event will include a great line-up of speakers from government, the regulators and energy industry leaders who will respond to the latest statistics and discuss how and why we should continue to shift the dial.
- 10.30 – 10.35: Welcome Address
- Katie Jackson, Chair of POWERful Women – announcing the 2022 statistics
- 10.35 – 10.50: Message from Rt Hon Greg Hands MP, Minister of State for Energy, Clean Growth and Climate Change (video address)
- 10.50 – 11.10: Role of government regulators and energy companies in shifting the dial
- Juliet Davenport, Founder of Good Energy and member of PfW’s Energy Leaders’ Coalition
- Joanna Whittington, Director General, Energy and Security at BEIS
- Sinead Murray, General Counsel, Ofgem
- Nick Wayth, CEO of the Energy Institute and PfW Board Member (Moderator)
- 11.55 – 12.15: Q&A
- 12.15 – 12.25 Online Event close
- 12.25 – Lunch & Networking
A hybrid event:
The in-person event will be aimed at senior leaders and gender diversity changemakers, and attendance will be on an invite-only basis.
The online session, a live stream of the in-person event, will be free and open to anyone who is working in the energy sector and passionate about gender diversity.
To register for the online event (taking place at 10.30 BST/11.30 CEST), please click here. To request an invite to the in-person event (taking place at 10.00 BST/11.00 CEST), please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org.